>> Friday, September 6, 2013
We love art here. There are so many great Art Resources out there, it was hard to narrow it down. Here's what is most used at our house presently.
1. Prismacolors - our favorite colored pencils. Make sure you splurge on a good sharpener and on the top Prismacolors - we have had bad luck with the Prismacolor Scholar pencils.
2. Draw, Write, Now books (affiliate link) - Bear pulls these out all the time to draw. I don't really use the writing part of it because she does so much writing elsewhere in our curriculum. However, it has been nice to read the information presented to learn more about what it is we are drawing.
3. Challk Pastels - this is such a lovely medium. Soft colors that can be blended into a beautiful mess! Don't let the mess deter you, though. There is something so soothing about working with chalk pastels.
4. Hodgepodge Chalk Pastel Tutorials - here's one we are working on right now.
5. Home Art Studio (not affiliate) - pop in the DVD, watch Miss Volin demonstrate the art project and teach a bit about elements and principles of art, then go to town doing your own project. Art lessons don't get easier than this and I can do this kind of art while on bed rest since I have set up the art supplies (see homeschool room tour) in such a way that the kids can be independent with them. See my review here.
See others' favorite art resources at Discovery Moments.